It’s been a while since I’ve shared my story. It’s been a busy time for my family. It’s not that I’ve fallen off the wagon, if you were wondering! So, whilst we haven’t been here inspiring you to stay fit and healthy, something must have kept you on the right track. Want to share?
What inspires you to stay fit and healthy?
- Family – being fit and healthy to be around for your family, or a role model for your children can be a big motivator. Some families help each other by working together on a shared goal. I can’t personally keep up with my boys, but they tell me their proud of my achievements, which helps keep me on the fit and healthy path I’m following.
- Health scare – often those who’ve had health issues, like cancer, or a heart attack, go over and above what most of us think is possible. For example, this weekend, I’ve heard of a lady who has achieved an amazing feat:
Nicky Spinks you are truly one amazing, inspiring woman.
This weekend has just witnessed possibly one of the greatest ever sporting achievements. Nicky Spinks has just competed a “double” Bob Graham round in the Lake District in less than 48 hours.
This equates to 132 miles, 54,000 feet of climbing, summiting 84 Peaks in the Lake District.
There is only one person who has previously managed to achieve this in under 48 hours. Nicky has just smashed the record.
What makes this story all the more remarkable is 10 years ago Nicky was diagnosed with Cancer. Today she stands at a true legend and an inspiration to everyone. What an amazing lady.
It’s a shame that these sort of achievements do not get recognised when it comes to celebrating sporting success in the Sports Personality of the Year Awards.
Fell running may be a minor sport but this should be recognised, it’s simply stunning. In my opinion this achievement is up there with the greatest sporting achievements of our time.
3. Watching others achieve – the London Marathon never fails to inspire me. People achieving, against the odds. Even watching the elite runners achieve their goals brings a tear to my eye. Or maybe the recent Invictus Games makes you want to stay as fit and healthy as you can?
4. Been told to get fitter by your doctor – my husband, when told he would have to go on tablets to reduce his blood pressure, preferred to change his lifestyle. Even though this didn’t compensate for all his years of poor eating and lack of exercise, it has improved his health, and reduced the need for strong drugs to control his blood pressure.
5. It makes me feel better – or, “just because”. I know that now I’m fitter, I never want to go back to how I was. I’ve got more energy, feel better, look better and am having a more enjoyable time with my family and friends now I’m fitter and healthier.
So, what is it that inspires you to get, and Stay Fit and Healthy? Tell us below & help inspire others too: